Aotrs Shipyards June 2022 Release: Challenger 2 (DL2E and DL2F)

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Aotrs Shipyards June 2022 Release: Challenger 2 (DL2E and DL2F)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards June 2022 Release: Challenger 2 (DL2E and DL2F)

This time, I have two more Challenger 2s, this time from the opposite end of the armour spectrum, the DL2E (the “desertised” version) and the DL2F Theatre Entry Standard “Megatron.”

I did have to admit defeat – the “birdcage” antenna is a separate part which needs to be glued in. Having it in situ was impractical for printing both in terms of actual printing (especially for FDM) and would have shoved the volume (and price) up for both printhouses for no gain.

Challenger 2 DL2E

Direct price: £4.90

The Shop3D price: £8.51 Link

Shapeways price: £12.83 Link

Challenger 2 DL2F (TES Megatron)

Direct price: £4.90

The Shop3D price: £8.58 Link

Shapeways price: £12.92 Link

(The other Challenger 2s (DLC B through D) are for the moment, planned to stay in the backlog.)

A reminder, in case you missed the previous announcement, Manoeuvre Group Issue 2 is finally out! Those of you who already had it should have gotten an email notification – for everyone else, you can find it here on Wargames Vault, now much better edited and written!

A less pleasing reminder is one that I have to re-iterate: I can no longer guarantee that Shapeways will deign to print all my models in VPN. Thus far, three of the starships, all ones that have been printed previously, they have refused to print. This is less likely to affect the moderns models in general, but I have to re-iterate the warning nonetheless; we are only ever one more change of parameters away from that possibility. As always, I can only point at myself or Only-Games as the superior alternative (even after the price rise, the latter is still two-thirds the price and on mid-sized orders, that will quickly cover any increased postage for those with an otherwise-more-local Shapeways outlet).

Next month is tentatively the Warrior.

It has, however, been something of a nightmare month, with major house renovation to the hall, stairs and landing (plus Partizan right in the middle) and my ability to do any useful CAD work has been limited during and after due to stress (exacerbated by having to make format written complaints to two large companies plus Shapeways shenanigans, the latter of which might have cost some customer goodwill to boot if they don’t ever see my messages) plus an essentially uprooted sleeping schedule (and my sleep has been poor since basically lockdown). Thus, I have still not managed a normal working week yet without losing time to having to just sleep during the day. (I almost managed it last week, but ended up losing three hours on Saturday even then.)

So all future plans are up in the air at the moment. No sci-fi releases are planned for the immediate future (likely will be the Royal Elven Kingdoms fleet or ground force when it does come, but no time frame on that at the moment). I have made some progress on the Warrior, and am tentatively planning to try working on the MG sci-fi stat re-formatting maybe next week and I’m trying to devote a little time for finishing the Shipyards lore thread on SpaceBattles as well. We will, then, have to see what happens in July and onwards. But this is, ultimately, why I have a backlog queue for the moderns, so there is always something to put out, at least.

Editor
      Keymaster

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.