(Re-)Release: Vivrathk Aggression fleet and Galactic Terrorist Army

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Sci-Fi (Re-)Release: Vivrathk Aggression fleet and Galactic Terrorist Army

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

So this time, we have both the moderns and the sci-fi on the same day! First of all, only-RPG has rebranded itself since the last post to Only-Games, and have been rolling out their new website. The delay was because they had been implementing their new system that will allow the creators (i.e. me) to uploaded directly (like at Shapeways), which will streamline the process significantly, since I won’t have to submit it to them. This is better for everyone all around.

I should note that because of the legacy stuff, there will be a few glitches as we iron things out, so bear with us! (I’m the largest shop on there in terms of items, and me being likely the most pedantic creator, the Shipyards is most likely going to the be most faff to fix!) One such issue is that the material button is no longer present, since the store treats things differently. (I recommend using the links from the Shipyards PDF catalogue to order the older stuff fort the next couple of weeks, while we clear things up). As the resin in their main line anyway, all the new releases will be in resin only form this point forwards and we will likely be taking the nylon out as we fix stuff. If there is a demand for nylon, I can always look at putting it back in later – but as that option is available from Shapeways as VPN, I don’t see that being very likely.

I’ll be going back through everything and adding tags to all the models as well. Only-Games doesn’t want to add a semi-infinite number of user-created tags (not unreasonably), so I’ll be conservatively tagging the models basically by scale and genre. The current default sort method, Featured, is actually A-to-Z filter (for my collection, others have might have it configured differently), so hopefully between that and the model codes, you should be able to find stuff. Of course, the PDF catalogue remains another method, though it looks like I might have to re-do some of the links as we replace stuff. Check the Shipyards Facebook page (see OP) for updates on that!

For those of you on here that don’t follow the Facebook posts, here’s a couple of pictures of some Only-Games resin prints (in their spiffy bubble packs) I ordered just in time to take to show off at Other Partizan a couple of weeks ago.

Almost like I’m a proper company now or summat, innit!

So, the release itself. We have another big one today – the re-release of the Vivrathk Aggression Star Battle Fleet, the re-release of the Galactic Terrorist ground force and the release of three new models to the latter!

The Vivrathk are the second-oldest Shipyards starfleet, contemporary with the Stone Portals. They have had the most extensive overhaul of any of the fleets. In addition to re-faceting the surfaces from 14 to 32 facets, properly sprue-ing them up and taking new photos, I pain-stakingly re-did all of the grooves/channels to make sure they were absolutely clear. Finally, I added new detailing to the undersides, which were notably absent. (As the changes in Shapeway’s pricing in the last ten years made them more costly, not less, I have removed a couple of old packs of multiple ships, notably cruisers.)

As usual, with the re-releases, rather than double-link them all, I’ll direct you to the latest version of the catalogue pdf downloadable from here, which has links to both webshops.

Failing that, on both Shapeways, here’s the (pre-sorted!) link to the Vivrathk section (the GT are under MG scifi) and at Only-Games, filter alphabetically and look for VA codes for the fleet and GT for the, well, the GT (or just use the newest-to-oldest filter!)

Brace yourselves, then, for a big photodump!

Vivrathk Aggression Star Battle Fleet

Fire Plague Fighters

Blistering Slash Bombers

(Not up on Only-RPG yet, due to technical problems.)

Eternal Inferno Battlebarges

Void Sting Scoutships

Flightspawn Corvettes

Feral Thrust Class Frigates

Turbulent Sky Destroyers

Fierce Thrust Frigates

Torrid Sky Destroyers

Tumultuous Sky Electronics Destroyer (Only one of two pictured, since, I only had the one printed back then!)

Ferocious Thrust Class Frigates

Bloody Moon Light Cruiser

Dagger Blade Strike Cruiser

Vicious Meteor Heavy Cruiser

Burning Moon Light Cruiser

Darting Blade Transport Cruiser

Wild Horde Light Carrier

Solar Rage Battlecruiser

Savage Nova Battleship

Star Maim Dreadnought

Furious Burn Battle Carrier

Ravening Swarm Carrier

Galactic Terrorist Ground Army

T-132AH Hyena

ZIL-1135 ASP (Air Superiority Platform)

GAZ-99371 Vodnik Battle Wagon (New!) Direct price: £3.10 Only-Games price: £3.29 (Resin) Link Shapeways price: $6.96 (£5.18) Link

GAZ-99371 Vodnik Sensor Van

FV101AA Scorpion

Scud Mortar

Rocket Boxer

GT Infantry Horde (80) (New!) Unpainted resin sprue, with a close-up of the terrorists in particular: Only-Games price: £3.29 (Resin) Link Shapeways price: $38.09 (£28.37) Link

Grand Marauder (New!) Direct price: £4.80 Only-Games price: £6.50 (Resin) Link Shapeways price: $15.77 (£11.75) Link

Also of note for the GT, from the moderns Irregular range (MG14-IR codes): (I was going to link these, but the links might be changed soon anyway as we fix the current problems…!)

Hilux Technical (HMG)

Hilux Technical (Type 63)

Irregular Bike Platoon (I have not painted these yet, so have a picture of the resin in the bubble-pack!)

Photos of VPN versions (Vivrathk, painted GT infantry), Replicator 2 and Prusa versions (GT).

We are nearing the end of the re-releases now, so I even have a nominal plan for the last lot of re-releases/releases. (Which hopefully will go much smoother from next month onwards!) I have been working ahead and the next couple of months are mostly prepared. Next month will be the re-release of the SSA and the release of the Tarrainian Federation ground force. December will see the release of the first elenthnar ground force in the form of the Phystyulons and the re-release of their starfleet. After that, the plan becomes more nominal with the remaining ranges, but my ideal plan is to try and get the last ranges out for March, around Hammerhead. (Though that may be it for sci-fi releases for a while, as we are then up to date and nothing else new is in the pipeline save at very preliminary stages.)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.