Moderns Release: January 2021: Boxer GNGP “Genie”

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Moderns Release: January 2021: Boxer GNGP “Genie”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

This month, we have the Boxer Geniegruep GNGP “Genie” variant (as used by the Dutch army among others), in 144th.

Boxer GNGP "Genie"

Direct price: £4.50 The Shop3D price: £4.57 (Resin)/£10.19 (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $10.77 (£7.91) Link

Photo of Prusa i3 Mk3S version. (Taken in Dad’s mancave as he’s setting up for cover photos for Manoeuvre Group, so a bit better than usual. While it’s up, I’ll be trying to take some photos of the scifi ground forces that haven’t been done yet, too*)

As with the ambulances, the modifications included more than just the rear module, so the hull is a single piece (plus turret), rather than a hull-and-module.

(In fact, while making the boxer modules removable seemed like a good idea at the start, it has in the long run proven to be a largely irrelevant exercise, since I don’t think anyone ever actually uses the capability; heck I don’t on the similarly-designed Turma and Neuron scifi APCs myself. Wargamers tend to just have one model for one purpose it seems. It was an experiment, but I don’t think it’s one I’ll attempt to implement again (and indeed, I’ll probably remove the capability from the Neurons when I finally release them.)

Hopefully, next month’s release (and March’s) will come with some nice resin print photos.

From April onwards, with the Aotrs ground force re-release completed, the scifi will be taking a break while I get the rest of the moderns up at TheShop3D.

*Also, I couldn’t have taken them normally anyway – the lightbulb in the dining room we only replace a month or so ago bust and the replacement is a FRACk-awful “warm” one that taints everything like a skein or urine and OF COURSE it is apparently impossible to find a cool/daylight bulb of any kind of brightness. So I cannot EVEN have the luxury of frickin’ light to see by now.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.