Great Battles of History: The Battle of Five Armies

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Blogs Great Battles of History: The Battle of Five Armies

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dining Room Battles
      Participant

The Elves Advance
      (What do you mean it’s fictional? Shame on you!)

Over the Christmas break Honorable Son #5 (The Skirmisher) and myself played an oldie but goodie: Games Workshops’ The Battle of Five Armies. The Battle of Five Armies using the Warmaster rules concept, one of the more innovative sets of rules developed. We see its influence, combat and activation system in many subsequent rules that have been written. Sadly, it is out of production.

Dain Ironfoot

The Wood Elves

More

Editor
      Keymaster

Very impressive looking table and miniatures 10mm my favourite scale

Take care

Andy

TheWazyrian
      Participant

LOVE what you’ve done with these, DRB!

10mm Gloriousness! This is my favorite scale, as well.

I clicked on the <More> link. I positively love those Goblins, and Bolg is brilliant. That horde of wargs is just beautiful. You’ve got two gorgeous armies and a wonderful table, here!

Though I haven’t gotten my Fantasy collections painted, I’m intimately familiar with those games that evolved from Warmaster. My go-to rulesets for WWII, modern, and sci-fi are, respectively: Blitzkrieg Commander IV, Cold War Commander II, and Future War Commander (soon to see Future War Commander II!). Rick Priestley created a work of art, with Warmaster, if you ask me.

Brilliant armies. Just brilliant.

-W

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.