FV432 from Aotrs Shipyards (Shapeways)

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern FV432 from Aotrs Shipyards (Shapeways)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

This month (and again, slightly different to what I said last time!) we have for you the FV432 in 144th, with a couple of minor variants. (They were easy to do while I was recovering from that nasty bug last month, so I could get something done!)

FV432 Mark 2/1

FV432 Mark 2/1

link

This model can be used as the mortar carrier, as when the hatch is closed, the APC and mortar are essentially indistinguishable.

FV432 Mark 2

FV432 Mark 2

link

FV432 Ambulance (Mark 2/1)

FV432 Ambulance (Mark 2/1)

link

Photo of Replicator 2 prototype, as per usual.

The 432 would have been very much more difficult to do without the assistance of UshCha’s mate, who lent me his Tankograd books on the 432 and it variants, making it a lot easier to both find photos as explain the difference in versions!

I considered an open-hatch mortar briefly, but it would be hard to model (or even paint) and I think the wall thickness limitations would make it more trouble to look adequate than it was worth.

Next month will likely see a couple more FV432 variants, one already done – while I have the books to hand! (The previously mentioned ZBD-03 is still in the pipeline/backlog, it’ll come eventually, or when people start asking for it!)

We will be down at Partizan this weekend – UshCha will be doing Manoeuvre Group, I will be putting on a game of – for the first time technically since its official release last August! – Accelerate and Attack!

Aotrs Shipyards is a webstore on Shapeways.com, a 3D print house which had production and shipping facilities located in the USA and the Netherlands.

Shapeways, Aotrs Shipyards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.