Fennek AD and Teams

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Once again, later than I hoped. TheShop3D are still having technical issues, so once again, I will have to be making the scifi release tomorrow without the links, which will have to be added later, as and when and if. That will, unfortunately, have to be the drill for the foreseeable future, as I obviously can’t keep delaying the releases like this.

So, this month, we have the Fennek AD – one with L81 mortar and one with Spike ATGW. Direct sales, they are available as individual models, but from the webshops, they come in a sprue of four, with two regular Fenneks, plus the Fennek AD with mortar and with Spike ATGW, as used by the Dutch army. With these, there is also an accompanying three-man infantry squad, armed with the FN Minimi and the L81 Mortar and Spike dismounted accordingly. (As infantry has to be webshop, since FDM is very poor at doing them.) All at 144th, as per usual.

LGS Fennek AD Platoon

Direct price: £3.10 (mortar), £3.10 (Spike) The Shop3D price: £9.94 (Resin)/£23.12 (Nylon) for sprue of four plus teams Link Shapeways price: $12.02 (£8.50) Link for sprue of four plus teams Link

Photo is of the resin versions (standard, standard and Spike), except for the Mortar hull, which is Prusa.

(And yes, I can assure you, the Prusa hull IS the same size as the others (I double checked myself!), it just looks bigger in that photo, because of the colour and angle!)

I still have not heard back from TheShop3D on what went wrong with my print of this, and unfortunately, the render is still not up yet, but the correct model is up in the shop – I was able to check before it went live – so it SHOULD, he says hopefully, be correct now.

As tangential to the moderns players, but worthy of note anyway, I have also updated the older Aotrs models with the new version 2 locking turret versions (which means they are all sprued up now). This was a somewhat mixed experiment, and shows why I haven’t rushed to try and do it with everything yet; while in some cases, it meant the price did go down as expected, Shapeway’s deliberately arcane and black-box pricing algorithm meant that some models actually went up (albiet only around 20p on the VPN). Annoying, to say the least. I’m doing my best to provide cheaper (and/or better) alternatives, either via my direct sales or through TheShop3D, but… shrug

The Boxer HEL is likely to be going into the backlog queue for a bit – next month, instead, I’ll be releasing the Merkava IV, since after being the single most difficult model (including the IMR-2) I’ve ever had to deal with, it’s going out as soon as possible. It took me two soluid weeks (plus) just to do the turret!

(Needless to say, the GT have gotten their own version, because after all that effort, I wasn’t not going to do a scifi version!)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.