Aotrs Shipyards (Re-)Release: General Designs Hulls/Herosine Empire

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Sci-Fi Aotrs Shipyards (Re-)Release: General Designs Hulls/Herosine Empire

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards July 2021 (Re-)Release: General Designs Hulls/Herosine Empire

So this month, we have another big re-release, and this one also comes with no less than six new models as well!

Partially, this was mandated by wanting to have some higher detail models for the accompanying lore post images for the smallcraft.

(On top of everything else, this required me to do a small change of wording for AccAtt, since I had grossly overestimated how small the basic shuttle really was when I created the “basic shuttle” in AccAtt. Given as such a shuttle was supposed to be capable of carrying a fairly significant (if abstracted) amount of crew, when I did the model and it was clearly only going to take a little more than a car, so I altered the wording of the AccAtt to reclassify “basic shuttle” to “basic shuttle unit” to and say that such a unit was not necessarily a single tiny shuttle, but either a larger single vehicle something like the ship’s boat OR an abstracted unit or something like the GDH-1131 Basic shuttle. A basically inconsequential change for everyone (even me) but if I didn’t do it, it wouldn’t have been “right!”)

So, anyway, this time, we have the re-release starfleet of General Designs Hulls, the galaxy’s largest human starship hull manufacturer, most famous for their Delta-series hulls. GDH, being one of the many super-corps that make up the fabulously corrupt Herosine Empire, is also the principle supplier of the Herosine fleet!

We also have for you the re-release of the 144th Herosine Ground force, all sprued up, facet-improved where necessary and equipped with the new v2 locking turrets. This is probably the single biggest remaining release of the scifi to go!

I am not going to link all thirty-plus re-released models to both webshops in the forum post, as I’d be here all day!

Instead, I will direct you to the latest version of the catalogue pdf downloadable from here.

As you will notice, I have started to include the links to the webshops in the catalogue now, so it is easier to do that! Now, thus far, this is a work in progress and I’ve only mostly done the TheShop3D links, plus the new models. We’re still always off from this being the definitive, but it’s a start.

(If you want to look for these on Shapeways, you can filter by GDH for the starships and look for the MG144-HE codes in this section or when sorted by alphabetical order overall. (Since Shapeways has NEVER in ten years fixed the ability to sort shop sections by alphabetical order…)

However, what I will do for you is show the pictures at the end!

Once again, there is a substantial Bleakbane’s Galaxy Guide lore/fluff post (30 pages in Word!) on the Herosine Empire and their vehicles over at Wargame Directory here:

This may be the last such lore release for a while, since the responses to the previous ones has been… Well, to be frank, non-existent; which is rather disheartening. I don’t even know anyone has read any of it, since you don’t get shown any statistics or anything. I put a lot of time into these, but if there’s no-one actually reading it, I can’t really justify spending more work-time on it. So please, please, if you do read these, any feedback – like at ALL – helps.

Right. On to the new releases (all of which are sufficiently new I simply haven’t had chance to paint any yet!). As with the previous re-releases, with the lore post going up simultaneously, I’ve not repeat the fluff here.

First, starships:

(At time of posting, I discovered the resin version of the basic shuttles (300th) isn’t visible at TheShop3D. The nylon version of the Beta Transport is also listed as separate model if you browse the collection too, so the link below only leads to the resin version. We’re fixing these as soon as we can!)

Beta Transport

Direct price: £2.80 The Shop3D price: £2.99 (Resin)/ £5.10* (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $5.60 (£4.05) Link

And then for the 300th fighter range:

GDH-1131 Basic Shuttle (6) (300th)

Direct price: £2.90 The Shop3D price: £* (Resin)/ £13.50 (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $7.40 (£5.35) Link

Beta Screen Drone (6) (300th)

Direct price: £2.50 The Shop3D price: £2.10 (Resin)/ £3.29 (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $5.60 (£4.05) Link

Delta Assault Shuttle (300th)

Direct price: £3.15 The Shop3D price: £3.29 (Resin)/ £5.99 (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $6.98 (£5.04) Link

Galba Assault Shuttle (300th)

Direct price: £3.15 The Shop3D price: £3.59 (Resin)/ £6.90 (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $6.99 (£5.04) Link

Spectre II Fighter (2) (300th)

Direct price: £2.60 (as two part-models). The Shop3D price: £2.39 (Resin)/ £4.50 (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $5.60 (£4.05) Link

Photos of Prusa versions.

Next month will be a much more modest re-release (and with nothing new), of the Strayvian ground forces (likely September’s re-release will be small too); partly this is because I am going to be away one week in August and possibly September.

Right!

Are you ready for a big photo dump? Are you? Are you??

(Photos or various materials (some WSF some Replicator, some Prusa, even one or two in the now-unsupported transparent detail!)

Rim Runner

Basic Shuttles (Fleet)

Spectre II Fighter (Fleet)

Beta Series Scoutship

Beta series Light Carrier

Delta Series Assault Shuttle (Fleet) (The direct sales version that come on bases.)

Delta Series Corvette

Delta Series Frigate

Delta Series Destroyer

Delta Cruiser

Delta Series Attack Cruiser

Delta Battlecruiser

Delta Superdreadnought

Delta Series Heavy Battlecruiser

Delta Series Battleship

Delta Series Dreadnought

Delta Supercruiser (The replicator version that had to be done in four parts, because it was too big to do just top and bottom unlike the Prusa version (or the single piece everywhere else!)

Devastator II Heavy Cruiser

Beta Screen Drones Fleet

144th

Herosine Droid Platoon

Turma Multirole Vehicle (APC Variant – with psiloi)

Turma Multirole Vehicle (Command)

Turma Multirole Vehicle (Medium Tank)

Eques Battle Tank

Lucius Defence Turret

Auxilia Recon Drone

Onager Super Tank

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.