Aotrs Shipyards October 2023 Update and Surprise Release

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Sci-Fi Aotrs Shipyards October 2023 Update and Surprise Release

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards October 2023 Update and Surprise Release

Just in time for the Spooky Season, I can report that as of yesterday night, the entire Army Of The Red Spear starfleet, ground force and fighter force, in all their highly trained and organised magical space-lich glory, are uploaded to MyMiniFactory!

The starships are up and cleared, though the ground force and fighters won’t get their final checks passed likely until Monday, but you SHOULD be able to see them all under the Aotrs collection on the Shipyards MMF page.)

For that matter, the Aotrs Shipyards sale at Only-Games is still on until the end of November (details below), so if you want so magical space liches in physical form, everything is up there (including the Blackhole, which appears to have been missed as an oversight last time…!) so now is as good a time as ever!

The Aotrs range is the single biggest range for any one power (eclipsed only by Manoeuvre Group Moderns when counted a whole, not as multiple nations). It is been an appalling couple of weeks, which problem after problem on top of the already stressful situation[1]. But I, driven more by stress to get the job done than by anything else, managed to get about 130 models up this week, which takes me to 422 out of around 560-ish models to upload. (The count isn’t identical, since some separate physical models have been collated into one file set.) All the moderns are now up as well, so it’s now basically the back half of the alphabet of the sci-fi to go.

This brings me to today’s surprise release! I said there wouldn’t be a release this month (and there isn’t for moderns, but I’m ostly copy-pasting to both sets of threads), but as I completed the Aotrs, I decided that I would do one, since it is exclusive to MyMiniFactory due to its size: the 1:300th scale version of the Murder, as seen at Hereward and Other Partizan!

Murder Fightercruiser (300th)

MyMiniFactory (.Stl File) Price: $15* Link

(The fleet scale version is already out… And obviously, I’m NOT going to do a 144th scale one. In fact, as it’s closer to terrain at that size anyway, you’d be better served using the 300th version at that scale anyway!)

*MMF mandatorily works in dollars with no conversion, so it has to be in dollars. Yes, that irritates me a bit as well…

MyMiniFactory Progress Update

The Aotrs being done, and with their surprise release marked a convenient point to make an update post (as I don’t know how many, if any, people have been checking the updates on the prior post); but also because I am basically taking next week off. The start of my working week (Tuesday) is my birthday (which I’d have been taking off anyway), but the events of the past couple of weeks have convinced me I NEED to take it off, before I do myself even more of a health mischief. (I’ve been so tired that I went an entire week without playing anything, so I haven’t really even relaxed. Even last night and this morning, just thinking about this post as a Job To Do was giving me anxiety.)

So, after posting this up, I’ll continue on today and maybe tackle one of the smaller ranges still left to do, but then that will be it basically until the 31st.

So here is where we stand as of today (21/10/2023).

Ranges currently Up:
      Updated: 21/10/2023

Manoeuvre Group Moderns (144)
      China
      Czechoslovakia
      France
      Israel
      Irregulars
      NATO
      Russian/Soviet
      German
      UK
      US
      **Moderns uploads completed!**

Starships
      Flight stands
      Alpha Strike force
      SSA
      Stone Portals
      Vivrathk
      Phystyulons
      General Designs Hulls
      Jalyrkieons
      Aotrs (bar 6mm fighters which are *)

MG Sci-Fi
      Cybertanks
      Galactic Terrorists
      British Royal Space Army
      Strayvian Dominion
      Phystyulons
      Herosine Empire
      Jalyrkieons
      Aotrs*

Misc
      Explosion/Suppression Markers

*Uploaded but not in Store page yet

The small mercy is that I have sold enough this first month to cover the MMF subscription fee, so at least for this month, my efforts haven’t been in addition to actively costing me money…

20% off Aotrs Shipyards (physical) products at Only-Games all the way through to November the 30th!
      Use code AOTRS20

The small text:
      Applies to one-time purchases, no minimum purchase requirements, no usage limits, can’t be combined with other discounts!

Whether or not there is an update next month remains in question (likely not for moderns, though a possibility of releasing some of the elves remains. However, I would quite like to do something actually creative, or at least different after several weeks of hell, so I might instead just do CAD work and/or some more work on Bleakbane’s Galaxy Guide as a break; we’ll see.

[1]For those of you who have not been tracking the updates on the Facebook post, these have included: Mum having her car run into (no physical damage to Mum, but the car is damaged and thus I been helping with the insurance stuff); when my uncle came up for a visit (he’s now arguably as disabled as my mother and frighteningly getting worse every time I see him), so I was helping with him – and on the Friday, Mum’s phone was stolen. (It dropped out of the car in one of two places and was nicked.) So I have had to sort that (make sure everything was cancelled, report to the police, the whole nine yards). I went to get some cash out, and realised I did not remember my PIN (as it was not what I thought I remembered). Because I never used my card at all during lockdown, I totally forgot my previous one, and since, I only get money out once in a blue moon. And because Lloyds treats customers without smart phones as second-class citizens, I have had to wait for a huge amount of time for them to send me a new one. We’ve also had to have our COVID jabs this week as well, so I wasn’t not good yesterday, and none of us had fully recovered from the nasty flu-y cold we had a week or two ago. And for good measure, I am still waiting to be told to pay back the working tax credit I owe, which apparently has been passed to Universal Tax Credit who may (or MAY NOT) follow up on it, and I can’t even chase them for one way or another for another two weeks. I basically HAVE reached my breaking point, to the point that (when I can find the energy and effort to chase it) Mum has said I should go to the doctor’s.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Aotrs Shipyards.
      • This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Editor.
      • This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Editor.
      Aotrs Shipyards

𝗔𝗼𝘁𝗿𝘀 𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘆𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗦𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗸𝘆 𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲

I am back at it again after my week off. I, unsurprisingly, have not had time to do anythign special – but as a last-minute decision, I jumped a bit ahead and uploaded XGA01, arguably among the most spooky conceptually of the current powers. (The Aotrs are, of course, Actual Skeletons, but they are not as existentially spooky.)

They also have one of the more extensive and narratively-driven Galaxy Guide Entries (as they made their debut in Rolemaster/Spacemaster, and i made an enormous effort when writing up to expand on the already considerable detail). Their lore entry is somewhat closer, perhaps, to a SCP Foundation exploration log (if with a somewhat lesser emphasis on the horror, but its as close as I got to hand!),
      So as a special Halloween treat, here is a drove link to the Galaxy Guide entry for XGA01 in full, in PDF form, with all the bells and whistles and is as close to the format for release as I’ve gotten so far. Please have a look, in the spirit of the season!

In addition to XGA01, the Tarrainian Federtion army is also uploaded, and both forces should be available for purchase sometimes tomorrow.

𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗲𝘂𝘃𝗿𝗲 𝗚𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽 𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗻𝘀 (𝟭𝟰𝟰)
      China
      Czechoslovakia
      France
      Israel
      Irregulars
      NATO
      Russian/Soviet
      German
      UK
      US
      **Moderns uploads completed!**

𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝘀
      Flight stands
      Alpha Strike force
      SSA
      Stone Portals
      Vivrathk
      Phystyulons
      General Designs Hulls
      Jalyrkieons
      Aotrs
      Extra-Galactic Aliens (XGA01)*
      𝗠𝗚 𝗦𝗰𝗶-𝗙𝗜
      Cybertanks
      Galactic Terrorists
      British Royal Space Army
      Strayvian Dominion
      Phystyulons
      Herosine Empire
      Jalyrkieons
      Aotrs
      Soviet Remnant
      Tarrainian Federation*
      𝗠𝗶𝘀𝗰
      Explosion/Suppression Markers
      *Uploaded but not in Store page yet
      The small text:
      Applies to one-time purchases, no minimum purchase requirements, no usage limits, can’t be combined with other discounts!
      In other news, both Maneouvre Group and Maneouvre Group Sci-Fi have pending updates – the latter might have already been done, but any plans for that have been derailed. No time frame yet, but both the MG authors and I have been working on these in the background.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.