Aotrs Shipyards Oct 2017 Release: T-80U

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Aotrs Shipyards Oct 2017 Release: T-80U

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards is a webstore on Shapeways.com, a 3D print house which had production and shipping facilities located in the USA and the Netherlands.

This month, we have the somewhat long-awaited T-80U in 144th!

T-80U

link

Photo is of the Replicator 2 prototype. As is usual for an ERA model, the print quality is not great (I haven’t had chance to get one done in WSF or something yet), but I always feel it better to give you a photo, rather than a render, if I can! (The webshop automatically generates renders better than I do anyway.)

I did look at doing the T-80UD, but while I did find some technical drawing, I haven’t found any walkarounds or even model kit images to be able to work from (and, like the T-80U, these variants have to be done more by eye than not). So that’s on the back-burner.

Next month will be the BDRM-2 (possibly with some alternate variants, depends how I get on!) Particularly chosen because I had done about 66% of the job with the Sci-Soviet BDRM-22 Marzanna yonks ago – it was thus less work to bring it up to scratch (the Marzanna being the second model I ever attempted to do even partly from real vehicles) and I’m trying to do a few quicker things to build my backlog up a bit while still making the monthly releases. (Plus, my list of Things People Have Asked For has turned out to have quite a few entries not feasible simply due to lack of suitable source material (several of them have no suitable technical drawings or even technical drawings at all.)

Shapeways, Aotrs Shipyards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.