Aotrs Shipyards November 2017 Release: BRDM-2s

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Aotrs Shipyards November 2017 Release: BRDM-2s

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards is a webstore on Shapeways.com, a 3D print house which had production and shipping facilities located in the USA and the Netherlands.

This month, we have the BRDM-2 and BRDM-2 with AT-5 Spandrel (9P148 Konkurs) in 144th!

BRDM-2

BRDM-2

link

BRDM-2 Spandrel

link

As usual, photos are of the Replicator 2 prototypes. As the BRDM-2 is a wheeled vehicle, printing on the Rep 2 required a top/bottom print (which of course, you don’t get on a Shapeways print). The spandrel turret only just barely worked on the Rep 2 (and it took me two attempts to print it in then!) Still it means the hull could be printed free from supports, so there is that positive!

I have done the BRDM-2 with SA-9 Gaskin (or the Strela -1) variant as well for the backlog, so expect to see that in due course. (I would have liked to have done the Sagger version, but trying to find any pictures of the missile launcher under that cover proved impossible, unfortunately, either the real thing or in kits.)

I have – thanks to the thread I made a while back and my mate’s Jane’s book – managed to cobble together what might be enough of a technical drawing to attempt doing the M114, which is the objective for December’s release. We’ll see how that goes; if that proves impossible, I might have a go at the T-72B or maybe the T-64BM (dubiously).

Shapeways, Aotrs Shipyards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.