Aotrs Shipyards May 2021 Sci-fi (Re-)release: Jalyrkieon Hierarchy

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Sci-Fi Aotrs Shipyards May 2021 Sci-fi (Re-)release: Jalyrkieon Hierarchy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

This month, this is the re-release of the Jalyrkieons. This is a re-release to both the starship and ground forces to TheShop3D, plus updated versions to Shapeways – plus one new release as well, in the form of the Qorenlu Heavy Carrier (commissioned a long time back, but never released)!

There is a lore post containing all of the fluff currently available – including the Qorenlu – here at Wargames Directory, so please check that out! This is the first of what will be a series of articles Bleakbane’s Galaxy Guide, which will be similar (but MUCH smaller in scale) than the Guide to the Army Of The Red Spear. I hope to get these out as I re-release the various ranges to TheShop3D – while much of this stuff has been published on the net before, it’s disparately located and it really needs to be in an easily accessible place so that when people ask (and occasionally, people do!) I will have a resource to point them at. (As one feels one will never be big enough to warrant the dizzy heights of A Wiki!)

(I did this one on the Jalyrkieons a few months ago.)

Qorenlu Heavy Carrier

[

Direct price: £5.90 (as a three part-model). The Shop3D price: £14.39 (Resin)/ £27.99 (Nylon) Link Shapeways price: $20.11 (£15.85) Link

Photo of Replicator 2 version.

For the rest of the models (rather than link the thirty-odd models here):

Download the latest version of the catalogue here or from the Aotrs Shipyards Task Force group on Facebook.

At TheShop3D, look for the MG144-JA codes for the ground forces (page 7 at time of posting) and the JAL codes (page 2 and onwards at time of posting) for the starfleet.

At Shapeways, you can filter by the Jalyrkieon Hierarchy filter here.

The ground forces have all been updated, mostly due v2 locking turrets, though I think I also added a couple of wheel treads as well and it has been re-sprued (notably the infantry and some of the smaller starships).

A few sample photos of the ground forces, though, for good measure! (As I re-took the photos for those when I did that last catalogue update .)

Jalyrkieon Infantry Platoon

Appila Attack Rover

Tevqolath MBT

As my partners at Manoeuvre Group inch slowly closer to the issue 2 update’s release, once that’s done, I will be releasing a set of free sci-fi- modifications for that set of rules, along with the accompanying raw stats for all existent my released range. Once THAT’S done, I am going to then start looking at releasing the fluff for all my sci-fi ranges in (paid) PDF format, along with the accompanying stats for both Accelerate & Attack and Manoeuvre Group at the back. The Aotrs will be first (since there’s most done about them and theirs will likely be the single biggest), and the Jalyrkieons will follow. The plan is to release these at a low price point, with the fluff being the main focus and the game stats tidily away at the back. There will be a few additions (especially to the Aotrs fluff, believe it or not, there’s STILL more to tell there!), but these releases will be largely the same (only polished!) as the fluff I release with the models.

(So, yes, that DOES mean that, at least for the ground forces existent at the time of the sci-fi MG release, that you will be able, from different sources, get both the majority of the fluff and the MG game stats for nowt, but if you want to support me, you can get the PDFs for stuff in a better format in one place (with AccAtt stats!). But I’d rather – especially for the MG side – get people playing as my first priority rather than paywalling the stats and/or fluff, just on principle.)

I’m going to at least do the Aotrs and the Jalyrkieons in that fashion and see if there’s any interest. Otherwise, I’ll just likely only bother with (occasionally) releasing the fluff as a Wargames Directory article as mentioned.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.