Aotrs Shipyards Mar 2017 Release: Swimming BMPs

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Aotrs Shipyards Mar 2017 Release: Swimming BMPs

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards is a webstore on Shapeways.com, a 3D print house which had production and shipping facilities located in the USA and the Netherlands.

This month, we have something a little different: swimming versions of the BMP-1 and BMP-2 (at 144th).

(I am still knee-deep in casting master commissions at the moment, but doing the swimming conversion is relatively quick and easy, and preserves my backlog…!)

As with the swimming versions of the BTR-60s, these are being sold in the webstore as just the swimming hulls (i.e. no turrets); the assumption is that people will likely only want these a supplementary (rather than replacement to) the vehicles. Further, if I wanted to add a turret it would be difficult to find a place to sprue it – and it would of course, increase the cost. (If someone does want just the swimming version with turret, a better option would be for me to simply do a turret spares sprue.)

(Incidentally, while we’re on that subject, if, at any point, you find yourself needing replacement turrets, do let me know, and I’ll knock up some sprues like I have for the Germans. (Because UshCha does have a habit of losing them…!))

BMP-1

link

The alternate BMP-1 version:

link

BRK-1K

link

BMP-2

link

BMP-2K

link

Shot of all four with the turrets on and full hulls behind (L-R, BMP-1, BRM-1K, BMP-2, BMP-2K)

All photos, as per usual, of the Replicator 2 prototypes.

Again, with the commission work, I can’t project what next month’s release will be (though the BMP-2D (and its swimming counterpart) is in my backlog queue and a likely candidate if I don’t get around to working on any other variants.)

Shapeways, Aotrs Shipyards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.