Aotrs Shipyards Feb 2017 Release: Mark 3 Centurion

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Aotrs Shipyards Feb 2017 Release: Mark 3 Centurion

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards is a webstore on Shapeways.com, a 3D print house which had production and shipping facilities located in the USA and the Netherlands.

This month, we have the Mark 3 Centurion in 144th, both with skirts and without.

I was interested to learn that the skirted version was actually the default; they were manufactured with them and sometimes, the skirts just got taken off. I had just assumed that, like a lot of Soviet stuff, the skirts were a later addition.

(Which is why the skirted version was the 02A variant on the Mark 5s and the Mark 3 has it more correctly as the default 04.)

We also have a rare treat: we could not get the skirtless version to print on the Replicator. Pretty much every which way we tried, for reasons which escape us, the raft kept pulling free, no matter what we did with it. After the umpteenth time, I said “sod it, I’ve got to order some WSF stuff for my scifi, we’ll just get one done properly!”

Mark 3 Centurion

Rep 2 prototype

link

Mark 3 Centurion (no skirts)

WSF model

link

The Mark 3s will be making their debut at Hammerhead on the 4th of March, where UshCha (of Manoeuvre Group) will be putting on a game of a what-if in 1946 – World War II never ended; as soon as Germany surrendered, the Russians declined to stop their eastward push!

I’ll be there as well, debuting on the scifi side, with the titular Aotrs and their brand new main grav tank, the Revenant Spear.

Next month will likely see something out of the backlog queue; I’ve still got a commission outstanding and I’m a panto which is performing this week, and Hammerhead is right around the corner, so I probably won’t have time to do anything new.

Shapeways, Aotrs Shipyards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.