Aotrs Shipyards December 2021 Release: Ferret Mk 1 Armoured Car

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Aotrs Shipyards December 2021 Release: Ferret Mk 1 Armoured Car

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

So after basically TWO WEEKS of hassle and faffing about caused by a hard drive failure, things are sort of back on track, enough to attempt the release, at least.

No data lost, because of back-ups and it was an-about-to-collapse warning, but a full re-install is always my greatest nightmare, because it takes days to re-install everything (literally, just to get to operational status took several days, email as always being the largest massive pain). And then you come to everything and it’s not set right and your work-flow is completely fragged. (And on top, I had to buy a new version of TurboCAD, since v21’s renderer didn’t work with any Nvidia graphics driver past version 399.7; while I was able to keep re-installing it on the old system, the fresh install flat-out refused, saying it was not compatible (obvious bovine excrement, considering I’d been using it for literal years at that point). Fortunately, the new version had fixed the issues that made us return the last upgrade and stick with v21. But it was still more expense.

(And even doing THIS was not without problems – due to the change of system or something else entirely, when I came to write the post – which I have always previously done on TheWargamesWebsite and then copy/pasted to everything else – all the formatting buttons had disappeared (including the one to switch between text and visual). And coming to Wargames Directory, it appears TWW has changed to BBCode (or Something Has Fracked Up) so now the formatting doesn’t paste in (since it’s apparently html code here), meaning it will now require me to take twice as long to post anything, since every single post will have to be formatted TWICE. (And I had to go into edit on an old post on TWW to find out what the codes was I previously pastes into Wargames Directory, and create a new reference file for the formatting codes, and whatever default WordPress settings throw a wobbly when I try to edit the code insitu, so I have to copy the link/image into notepad, copy either end of the html code in and paste back into the block…) Edit: workign with Mike at TWW, there have indeed been site issues, but clearing my cache brought the formatting buttons (I realised that was more than just TWW when I had the same problem on Wargames Directyory’s own forum) back, and they do indeed still use html code – though the view as text button which I use to copy/paste to here is still AWOL, but that’s WordPress’s fault. So progress, but WOW. 2021 just will not let up.)

So, despite all, I WILL release this month’s vehicle, the Ferret Mk1 Armoured Car, in 144th.

Ferret Mk 1 Armoured Car

Direct price: £2.80

Only-Games price: £1.32 (Resin) Link

SShapeways price: $5.60 (£4.21) Link

Photo of Prusa version.

So, assuming no other problems (which is foolish, I know), the sci-fi release will come out next week as planned; though that will potentially be an EVEN LONGER job with the double-formatting… *sigh* – y’know, I thought to myself as I started this release, “this is taking less time than I thought…”

January will see the release of the Ferret Mk 2; I had been getting very close to being ahead of the game, but of course the HDD failure put paid to that. I am HOPING to actually get to work on the Challenger at some point, but first I’ve got to finish off the stuff I SHOULD have done two weeks ago, the last bits of prep for this month’s sci-fi release and to finish the go-over of Soviet Remnant (nee sci-soviets)…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.