Aotrs Shipyards August Release

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Modern Aotrs Shipyards August Release

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Aotrs Shipyards

Aotrs Shipyards is a webstore on Shapeways.com, a 3D print house which had production and shipping facilities located in the USA and the the Netherlands.

This month, the much-promised BMD-1, along with the BMD-1P and BMD-2 in 144th (10 or 12mm).

With a special thanks to UsmanK for help in getting the details for the BMD-1/BMD-1P right!

BMD-1

There are two versions of this model; as the BMD-1’s turret is literally the same one as the BMP-1’s, I have supplied the BMD-1s with both versions to match the BMP-1 versions (for the sake of compatibility with people’s existing models). The alternate (15.1) turret has slightly modified (and, as I discovered in doing the BMD-1, a touch more accurate) dimensions (and I used this as the basis for the BMD-1P and BMD-2).

link

Alternate (15.1)

link

BMD-1P

link

BMD-2

link

Just the one photo of the Replicator 2 prototype this time – the pintle ATGW on the -!P and -2 is just not suited to Replicator printing, nor was there any physical space to make is a seperate removable mount. (As always, once I do get around to getting some production WSF prints myself, pictures will follow!) Astute regular readers will notice that it is the opposite way around to the way I normally photograph them. This was because the support material left-hand side on the Rep 2 print were placed so awkwardly that they didn’t clean out well; the right side is much better, so I used that instead. (A problem, of course, that WSF prints don’t have!)

All three BMDs (incorrectly labelled as BMP, because of course I only noticed that after I’d uploaded it and I don’t keep the set-ups after I’ve taken the screenshot…!)

Next month will see the release of the T-62s, and then (all being well and subject to any commission work), the T-64 will follow in October.

Shapeways, Aotrs Shipyards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.