Another Engagement with the English

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Blogs Another Engagement with the English

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      PHGamer
      Participant

A practice game for an upcoming Medieval Themed Round Robin Tourney
      https://philonancients.blogspot.com/2021/04/another-engagement-with-english.html
      Dennis Shorthouse, Proprietor of On Military Matters book service., has organized another tournament using a battle grid system of his devising. All figures are placed on a grid so players can play over a telephone without a video component.
      enjoy

The Pitch

Editor
      Keymaster

Excellent battle report thank you for sharing

Take care

Andy

TheWazyrian
      Participant

It’s neat to see actual historic battles reproduced so close to true, verifiable history. Personally, I’m an expert on these things, and I have studied the military career of Larry The Competent in detail. I must say, it’s a treat to see another of my favorite historical characters, Darryl the Ordinary, in the same battle! 😉

Despite being an acknowledged expert on the careers of the famous Italian generals, Larry & Darryl, I really know nothing about the period in which they fought, or Ancient & Medieval warfare, in general. Once again, the explanations of troop types, formations, and tactical doctrine were very helpful. I also found the commentary on the tactics implemented by both sides illuminating.

And again, in the end, the tale of victory and defeat is told at ‘The Tree of Woe’ (in the very last photo, we see the base of the Tree, next to the statue of Ganesh, son of Shiva. I’ve gotta set up something like that on my table.

Thanks, once again, for another glimpse of the struggles that transpire in ‘An Undisclosed Basement’, and thanks, once again, for an education in historical wargaming!

-W

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.