A Meditation of Medievals

The Wargames Directory Forums The latest Wargaming News Blogs A Meditation of Medievals

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      PHGamer
      Participant

First round of a 120point round robin tournament with a Medieval theme, using the L’ Art de la Guerre (v3) ruleset.
      I picked Italian Condottieri, as that list has been used to kick my Anglo-Irish and Burgundians around the block and back.
      It’s Medieval German vs Italian Condottieri
      https://philonancients.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-meditation-of-medievals.html
      Enjoy,

Editor
      Keymaster

Thank you for sharing

Take care

Andy

TheWazyrian
      Participant

Another enjoyable and illuminating battle report. I thoroughly enjoy these, and I’ve learned a ton about periods I haven’t gamed by reading these. I particularly like this grid system that I’ve seen in use in at least a couple of these batreps. I may use something similar to this in a socially-distanced battle with a friend on another continent.

I found it interesting that the one unit of German crossbowmen faired so well against knights. I remember reading in a previous batrep how siege engine crewmen repelled a charge by cavalry. The Gods of War are truly mercurial in handing out The Fortunes of War, at least in this particular “Undisclosed Basement”.

As always, the undeniable truth of victory plays out at The Tree of Woe, for all to see. I need to make a little room on my own 4 x 6 to create a Purgatory for Pieces, or some such thing.

Thanks again, for another enjoyable tale! I learn, and am inspired, with every one I read.

-W

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.